05 July, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words...

There's a big brouhaha in Jerusalem right now over a parking lot that the city authorized to be open on Shabbot. The ultra-Orthodox have their knickers in a twist because it's another business open on Shabbot. The seculars are up-in-arms about the ultra-Orthodox being up-in-arms because there is a huge parking problem in Jerusalem, especially on the weekends (it goes hand-in-hand with the huge housing problem in Jerusalem, but I digress).

Yesterday was the second (or third?) Shabbot wherein a large group of ultra-Orthodox protesters got together and made a scene/rioted/set things on fire/attacked police. And, while I respect them for standing up for what they believe in, I'm more annoyed by their complete disregard for the desires or viewpoints of everyone else. Them and the settlers. But I digress again...

Anyway, this picture was from last weekend and it just made me laugh. If they're going to be obnoxious and make my life difficult, the least they can do is provide more pictures like this:


Leaving Israel in less than two weeks. Still getting things in order, finishing up projects, starting up other projects and generally pretending that my leaving isn't really happening. Hurray for the power of denial!

1 comment:

Lilac19 said...

Lol! Funny picture! We'll have to get together when you get back across the pond!